the very talented jo at mystory has presented me with this award. thank you jo! you're always amazing (and surprising) me with your words, art, and photography.
i'm passing it on to all of you whose blogs inspire me every day, and to one blogger in particular, karen cole, at artsortments. i've loved gazing at karen's art and reading her beautifully written posts for months now. but what i'd love most for everyone to see are her recent beach sketches, done on black paper... brilliant, huh?
thank you karen and everyone for inspiration, laughs, and insights into life and art.
i was also tagged by cynjon noah at varietist muse to list 6 unspectacular quirks about myself.
here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking to them
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged bloggers blogs letting them know they've been tagged.
1. like bridgette, i don't like bathroom fans or any kind of fan.
2. i just started cutting my own hair after 50+ years of going to a salon for a Good Haircut.
3. i'm an advocate of 'unschooling' and tried to talk our son out of going to public school.
4. i've never had a t.v., ever. (is this a quirk? i don't know... but it probably explains why i'm as quirky as i am.)
5. i get along well with hell raising teenage rule breakers. so well, in fact, that i was once asked to teach them.
6. one of the hell raising rule breakers who was my teacher, i mean student, used to say "alrighty then" with exquisite timing, which always made me smile. and still does...
i tag the following three people (yeah, i'm breakin' the rules) -- participate or not as you please!
* jeane at art it
* kate at art vein vessel
* kate at this disordered life
i'll leave you with lucinda williams' 'fruits of my labor'... lucinda's genius is a tribute to quirkiness, i'd say.